When do you need a Lift Modernisation?
Lifts, like cars get old and need replacing. But with lifts, unlike most modern cars, rather than replacing the whole lift it is often more economical and appropriate to modernise the lift.
Modernising lifts involves
- Replacing important key lift components. These are worn or obsolete components
- Retaining many other components it is not necessary to replace.
Sometimes rather than modernising the lift or replacing it another option exists which is to refurbish it.
Whichever is appropriate we offer a straightforward lift consultancy service that supports you all the way throughout the process.
No worries about the wool being pulled over your eyes by a shrewd lift contractor.
No concerns about making sure the contractor delivers on time and to budget.
We make sure on your behalf that the correct quality of equipment is included.
What does a Lift Modernisation Consultant actually do?
Our lift consultancy services for lift modernisation, lift replacement or lift refurbishment are broken down into in the following phases.
Survey (and Report)
- Firstly, we undertake a detailed engineering survey of the lift.
Specifications and Tenders
- Initially, we write a lift specification and put together a tender package.
- Then we send this out and administer the tender for you or we can work alongside you whilst you or another member of project team send out the tender.
- The next stage is to evaluate tender bids and provide a tender analysis report.
- Finally, we assist in final negotiation prior to an order or a contract with the lift contractor being placed.
Drawing Submittals Review and Pre-start Meeting
- Through the procurement period we will monitor progress.
- We will review and approve any lift contractor drawings.
- An important milestone is a pre-start meeting. This is arranged by us to make sure everything is place and everyone is ready before starting on site.
Construction Related Services
- We oversee, monitor and check and report progress on site.
- Once the work is complete we run undertake acceptance inspections.
- These involve checking the equipment functions as specified.
- That it is installed correctly and all necessary documentation (O&M Manuals and Certificates) are in place.
A final word on these lift modernisation, lift refurbishment or lift replacement consultancy services is that there is no obligation to commit to all the phases. I.e. we are happy to take an instruction which includes some but not all phases.
We are acting as Lift Consultants on lift modernisation work all the time, day in day out.
There are several related articles in our Topics sections.
If you are considering a lift modernisation and think our assistance might help, then please get in touch.