This is a service that assess the impact on the vertical transportation of restrictions on normal working due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The review then extends to recommending practical measures that will allow the building to operate as efficiently as safely as possible.
Who is this service suitable for?
Organisations wanting to understand the impact of Covid-19 and social distancing in particular, on the Vertical Transportation services in their building particularly as occupational levels increase and as lockdown restrictions are eased. Knowing the impact will allow owners/operators to make plans and put in place measures to mitigate this impact.
What information is need to undertake the review?
- Occupation numbers
- Profile of occupants (mobility..)
- Locations (one or more buildings)
- Normal working hours and flexibility available in altering these.
- Pdf plans where available of floor levels
- Asset data on VT (sizes, speeds, locations etc.), alternatively we can survey the lifts
What are the deliverables?
- A traffic analysis identifying the reduced capacity of the vertical transportation systems. Where applicable different scenarios will be included in the analysis.
- A comprehensive package of measures indicating how the vertical transportation can be safely operated respecting gov guidelines
- Details of workarounds and documentation including Risk Assessments and Method Statements [RAMS] and Standard Operating Procedures [SOP] with marked up drawings to support implementation where necessary.
We have several topics discussing the issues around lift and escalator use and how this is impacted by the Coronavirus. Please click on the links below.