Lift Modernisation Consultants
Odu-Dua Housing Association is a small dynamic black & ethnic minority (BME) housing association based in Camden, North London.
With two of their passenger lifts life expired, Odu-Dua turned to the Lift Consultancy for help.
The Lift Consultancy were appointed to manage the project from conception to completion.
Survey and Report through to Issuing of a Specification for Tender
- We began by completing a full technical survey and report which provided recommendations as to extent of works required.
- A specification was subsequently drawn up and issued to tender.
- A full tender analysis along with post tender interviews were completed.
- Then, finally we assisted the client in the appointment of the successful contractor.
- Following the appointment of the contractor, programmes were agreed for both buildings.
- A pre-start meeting was then held with key personnel to discuss site specifics and logistics.
- We also assisted the client with interface trades, such as mains power, BT lines and machine room ventilation.
- Mid-term progress visits were completed along with reports advising the client of progress made against the agreed programme.
- Final Acceptance checks were completed at the end of the project, confirming works were installed to the specification and any defects highlighted.
- A final visit was completed to sign-off the defects.
Throughout the project, we were also responsible for certifying payment applications.
We undertake these kinds of modernisation projects day in and day out throughout the UK.
Whether they be single or multiple lifts and in all types of buildings.
Often, it is more appropriate to replace than modernised a lift. There are some articles in our Topics section covering this.